Nicaragua Now Issue 5 Autumn 2015
NSC News | Monday, 26 October 2015 |
The magazine of UK-Nicaragua solidarity
*The benefits and risks of Nicaragua’s inter-oceanic canal.
* What has happened with property claims and reparations related to the Sandinista Revolution and the US-backed contra war? What lessons for Cuba?
* How is Nicaragua addressing the problem of child trafficking?
* What role for international volunteers in supporting young people in Nicaragua to set up businesses?
*Thirty-five years of solidarity research on Nicaragua’s Caribbean Coast
* Helping to re-activate community development in La Concha
* An inspirational UK speaker tour by Flor de Maria Avellan, street seller and deputy general secretary of the Confederation of Self-Employed Workers (CTCP)
*Solidarity through Fairtrade, community theatre, circus workshops, duck and toilet related fundraising, and developing resources for UK schools